Friday, July 17, 2015

Footsteps for Enhancing Data Bank on Bauxite, Hydrate, Alumina & Alumina Chemicals

Hi Friends,
In present post, we have put forward our aggressive steps to enhance the inventory of technical data bank pertaining to bauxite, hydrate, alumina and alumina chemicals covering all spheres of activities for all friends of our professional fraternity.
It's my natural temperament to exchange ideas particularly on technical topics. It is also the truth that blessings of my superiors and best wishes of my friends have attributed in enriching my knowledge base which further encouraged me to move forward with accelerated pace in exchanging ideas and opinions. I do not believe in diary culture in hiding information unnecessarily in my desk. I know, I have very limited data / information with me compared to many others in the World. My this approach has given me more than 2500 trust-worthy friends who are directly or indirectly associated with bauxite, hydrate, alumina and aluminium including specialty chemicals. As such, I have faced many road blocks in my career path so is impossible for me to forget the blessings of society and almighty God. Majority of my life, I have enjoyed with smile. What ever work I do, I get immense pleasure in contributing to my fullest satisfaction.  
During early days of my professional careers, I faced acute problems in learning technical things as limited people had the desire to exchange their fresh or outdated perceived ideas as they used to keep those data as very confidential just like keeping the personal property in the Bank lockers. Those days i.e in early eighties, internet in India was available to defense people only. You can imagine the extent of difficulties faced by me in learning the basics and design aspects of process, calculations, equipment, capex, opex and profitability aspects. Truly, it was hard time for me when I recall. I struggled a lot for finding even tiny technical information. You will be astonished to know that people were reluctant to tell even the basic process and operating parameters of Alumina refinery. Can you think of doing process design engineering calculations using scientific calculators and preparation of drawings using Mini Drafters on the Drawing boards. For the first time in 1984, I got opportunity to work on computer that to with 640 kb RAM. Those days, Word star and Lotus-123 were the basic software for  word processing and calculations respectively. In 1990, I got the computer with MS-Excel on which I initiated to take up the assignment for developing a mathematical model for Design of Alumina Refinery during extra hours. I was fortunate to be awarded for development of that mathematical model sometime in 1995. I kept on updating the mathematical model considering it as my person achievement. If I see the model today, I am surprised on myself for completing this unique and wonderful developmental work alone. The outcome of this model has been well tested with the results provided by other leading technology suppliers in the World. This mathematical model has been developed on MS-Excel platform and requires only 150  basic input data and it gives detailed process calculations like material balance, thermal energy balance, water balance, caustic soda balance, alumina balance etc and sizing calculations for all major technological equipment, tailor made equipment and requirement of utilities and services within no time. Utmost accuracy in outcome is the essence of this mathematical model. Since this Mathematical model has been awarded by Internationally reputed Engineering & Consultancy Organization and they are using the same even today for design of Alumina refinery. Thus, I consider it as their asset but as an originator, I keep on updating the Mathematical model incorporating advancements in process technology. 
To summarize the facts of my professional life, I had to face a lot of difficulties which can not be expressed in words. All of us know the fact of our life that we are not going to remain alive on this earth for more than 200 years under any circumstance. Thus, it would be a wiser decision to dissipate the knowledge and expertise acquired by all of us. Though our first forefathers were monkeys, but we can not behave like monkeys today in keeping intact the assimilated information with us as the World has become very small because of advancements in communication technology. I feel proud of myself as I initiated this move of exchanging the ideas of public domain nature among my friends about a decade back which was appreciated by almost all across the globe. Now, I have observed that my friends are contributing much more than what I could and what I am. I have always advised one and all to share the information of public domain nature and never disclose any data, information and drawings of proprietary and confidential nature. My interest  has remained at the same level among the global team but I am contributing little less because of paucity of time due to other pressing assignments.Till date, I have published 283 technical articles on this specialized subject and could present few papers in national and International seminars covering all aspects starting from concept to commissioning of Alumina Refinery.
No matter, I am always (24x7) available for serving the community around and specifically to bauxite, hydrate, alumina, aluminium and alumina chemical fraternity on techno-commercial issues across the globe even during odd hours.
If any individual particularly the young professionals / Entrepreneurs has any question with regard design, engineering, execution, commissioning, process calculations and costing (such as bauxite mining cost, alumina production cost, specific capital cost etc.) related to Bauxite, mining, Hydrate, Alumina and Specialty grades of hydrates and aluminas including Alumina chemicals, please feel free to ask any information / clarification clearly indicating your e.mail ID for receiving your reply. Our team of Experts will definitely put efforts for reply to you. Sometimes, you may be required to wait a while for the reply. Simplicity in our language and authenticity in information are major strength. 
We wish to have your opinion / comments / remarks on our new move on the very specialized subject like alumina. We will welcome your suggestions.
Kunwar Rajendra
rajendra@ceti.co.in
www.ceti.co.in


4 comments:


  1. It's very good thing we can exchange our thoughts.

    Thanks
    android call recorder

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing of knowledge is very important from our evolution point of view. It helps in increasing our productivity as well.

    Thanks,

    Avinash Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Avinash,
    Thanks for your remarks.
    Regards.
    Kunwar Rajendra

    ReplyDelete